|Silpat makes the job so much easier !|
This pie is a result of a large haul of seafood from Snorre. I ended up with more pie filling than intended, which was a good thing. The excess creamed egg and pie dough became a muffin-cupcake-deep dish quiche. It was so good, I almost inhaled it.
10 inch pie pan ( floured and greased )
pie filling :
200ml cooking cream
100g smoked haddock, cut to bite size
2 rashers of bacon, pan seared and cut
1 medium potato, cooked and cubed
pie shell :
125 g of plain flour
70g butter, softened
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp sea salt
½ egg yolk
( ½ egg yolk for glazing )
1. To make the pie shell :
2. In a food processor, blitz pie shell contents.
3. The flour should look sandy but is able to hold together when pinched.
4. Flatten the dough between 2 silpats.
5. Transfer the dough to the pan. Trim edges.
6. Chill for 1 hour.
7. Bake at 180 C for 20 minutes with a layer of baking beads.
8. Remove the beads. Glaze the pie with remaining egg.
9. Bake at 180C for 5 minutes.
10. Remove the baked pie shell from the oven.
11. Arrange haddock, bacon, potato on the pie.
12. Lightly beat eggs and cream. Season with pepper and salt.
13. Pour the egg into the pie gently.
14. Bake at 180C for 20 mintues or until the pie is tan.
Serve at room temperature.