Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sundried Tomato Pesto Sauce


It is so helpless seeing how the price of this yummy sauce has been going up and up. This is what I use for my pasta or as a bread spread ( butter being the more sinful option ). Carrefour sells the sundried tomato in the vegetable section for a fraction of the price. I pulse it with pine nuts and jazz it up with whatever I like to make my own signature pesto sauce. It is so unique that I never almost get the same taste every time since I follow no rules / cook book. Ho ho!

Mixed with a little Bulla cream, the end result is a heavenly dressing for my pasta on "I don't care " pasta days.

INGREDIENTS :

4 ounces sun-dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped pine nuts
3 tablespoons chopped onion
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1/3 cup crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
salt to taste

DIRECTIONS :

Place sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl and cover with warm water for 5 minutes, or until tender.
In a food processor or blender combine sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and onion; process until well blended. Add vinegar, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and red wine, and process. Stir in olive oil and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt to taste.

PS:Left out the garlic since that how the folks like it. Still, it’s so good I don’t mind the trouble to do it again, or spread it on bread. It’s that good! Red wine will definitely be a plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment