Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Lazy mum's baby back ribs

How can a tired cook look smart without trying too hard ? Baby back rib is on sale but the last thing I want to do is to set up the BBQ and face the challenge of cleaning up later. So I cheated. I slather the ribs with copious amount of ready made smoky BBQ sauce, marinate for an hour and left the ribs in the slow cooker with as little water as possible. It takes about 2.5 hours for the ribs to be tender on " high " setting.

To make the dish look more like mine, I 'tan' the ribs under a hot grill, sans juice,just before it is served .

For the sauce, I sauteed some sliced onions .The beef sauce from the slow cooker is transferred to the onions. Add a dash of balsamic vinegar ( more , if you love it ! ) and a teaspoon of brown sugar. Reduce till it is slightly gluey. Glace the ribs with the sauce and serve with mash /baked potatoes and peas.

No comments:

Post a Comment