- Process fingers,walnut,cranberry,oats to fine crumbs. Add flour. Mix to combine all the ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, 5 minutes.
- Whisk in dry ingredients at low speed until just combined.
- While scooping out cookies for baking , preheat oven to 180C.
- Scoop even amount of cookie dough to a well greased baking tray. Cookies will not spread much during baking, so snuggle up the cookie dough closer than usual, about 2 cm apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 13 minutes.
- Cool completely before storing.
|Cookies waiting to go through baptism by fire. All passed!|
This version is a chewy version of cookies spiked with sponge fingers due to the presence of oats and cranberries. I thought it would be a good deterrent to a certain compulsive cookie monster because it takes a longer time to chew and eat every tiny morsel.
But the cookie monster is blessed with strong teeth and nothing deters her from cookies, chewy or otherwise. I am not sure if it speaks volumes about my baking style but I know a cheerful eater when I see one.
Makes about 40 cookies.
Ingredients for pulsing :
6 sponge fingers, finely processed
70g finely chopped walnuts
30g cranberry, minced
20g quick cooking oats
80g plain flour
1 tsp sea salt flakes for sprinkling
Ingredients for whisking :
100g butter, softened
40g caster sugar
|All the ingredients were prepared by the food processor for even texture.|