Search This Blog

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Kampar Chicken Biscuit



A pack of Kampar biscuits I bought from HK was so delicious that it was quickly consumed without any left for hubby, lover of Kampar biscuits. I could not find the recipe  for the thick KCB to pass it off as the original ones in the pack but this recipe was very agreeable with hubby. Friends said that its taste and texture was very authentic. If I have my way, I would make it less hard but that’s the way most of my folks remember KCB, so I will leave it as it.  Recipe is adapted from Guai Shu Shu with minor modifications.

Credits : here

Makes about 120 biscuits.
Dry :
100g soft brown sugar
120g canola oil
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp maltose
2 Tbsp 5 spice powder
1 tsp pepper
1 egg


Wet :
150g chopped candied winter melon
3 pieces of fu yue ( red type )
1 clove of garlic, minced
250g plain flour
50g white sesame seeds
50g black sesame seeds
1/8 tsp of baking soda ( ¼ tsp if you wish for it to be less hard )
1 tsp baking powder

Combine dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
Add wet components into the mixer bowl.
Mix on medium until ingredients come together and pulls away from the sides.
Roll the dough into a rope.
Make small balls. Transfer to a lined baking tray. I line it with silpat.
Glove a glass cup with plastic bag. This prevents the dough from sticking to the cup.
Flatten the dough with the base of the cup until as thin as possible.
Preheat oven to 160C.
Bake at 160C for 20 minutes.
Remove from the tray when fully cool.





2 comments:

  1. I guess taste wise it is close but texture wise no right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember eating these biscuits long ago. What I recall is that they were delicious, so full of flavors!

    ReplyDelete