Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hodge podge oat porridge


This dish is really not meant for anyone's eyes. In fact, it should not even deserve a square inch in this food blog. After all, a hodge podge of leftovers in an oat porridge is not a cause for attention.

But how can a bit of everything taste so good , at least to me? There in the fridge are : half a handful of nearly petrified ikan bilis and dough fritters from yesteryear's porridge meal, some leek greens that is a no-no in our home ( even the whites of the leek is greeted with disdain in an experimental leek-prawn kebab that night ).

To say it’s a dish of innovation is really stretching the truth too far. Anyway, by a stroke of genius, I plonked the above into a boiling pot of hot water and added 30g of oats. In a split second, my lunch is ready!

After the first mouthful, I realized I have to take a picture of this strange lunch. The savory fishy critters coupled with the crunch of green leeks and scalded instant oats lit a light bulb in my head - WooW ! Limp dough fritters in oat porridge is on the other hand, an acquired taste!

So here it is, this strange lunch meal. The usual photographer was at work, so I grabbed the bigger of the DSLRs in the dry box but still couldn't capture the "Ding" in my head. Even so, it is one of my most interesting OEM lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment