Search This Blog

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Matchia Cake ( Matcha and Chia Seed )


-->
This picture, not exactly aesthetic,  is to show the loose, crumbly texture. 

Today, I learned that surprises play a big role in bringing out the pleasure to my food.

This recipe was meant to go with unsalted butter but salted was all I have. And I thought it would not make much of a difference. So it was a pleasant surprise that my guests thought it was deliciously different from my previous cakes. 

What I have accidentally done was make a matcha flavoured butter cake  that tastes of caramel bordering on the savoury side, which my friends prefer. The chia seeds provided some crunch on an otherwise melt in the mouth cake.


Makes one medium sized cake

1 medium aluminium tray, ungreased

The following to be mixed and set aside :
1/4 t baking powder
1 cup cake flour
2 Tbsp matcha powder

250g salted butter, room temperature
100g soft brown sugar ( 30% less if you wish for a sweeter cake )
2 eggs, whisked
4 Tbsp hydrated chia seeds

Method :

1 Preheat oven to 160C.
2 Whisk butter until pale.
3 Add sugar. Whisk until fluffy.
4 Whisk in eggs followed by chia seeds until well incorporated.
5 Sift in dry ingredients.
6 Fold in the mixture until it is homogenous. ( I used a Kitchenaid beater   , lowest speed )
7 Baked in the prepared tray at 160C for 60 minutes. Cake is ready when    skewer put in comes out clean with a single crumb at the tip.






No comments:

Post a Comment