Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Baked fish with miso and bacon , millet medley



I have begun buying whole fish from Sheng Shiong because they are offering to gut, cut and pack the fish in convenience packs for freezing. I no longer need to 'prep' the fish and make a mess in my kitchen. What's not to like?

Batang was their catch of the day. Besides making fish porridge, I decided to do something more fancy because I had more time at hand today.

With some miso  and a lone lime in the fridge, I decided on a Japanese fusion theme.

For 2:

Fish:

Ingredients: 4 pieces of white fish fillet / miso / lime zest / 4 bacon strips / honey / olive oil

The fish was skinned (better to use a sharp knife) and scored. I slathered miso all over the fillet, esp into the cut portion of the fish fillet. Then I grated some lime zest and mummified the fish with a stip of smoked bacon. 

I applied a decent layer of honey to balance the salt in the fillet package.

For the final touch, I drizzled some olive oil over the wrapped fillet.

To cook, I baked it in my mini pan, in a preheated oven at 200C for 15 minutes. When done, I left it to rest for 5 minutes or so.

Millet medley:

Ingredients : 1 cup millet / 2.5 cups water / handful of finely chopped ham / finely chopped carrots / half a handful of raisins / 1 strip of sundried tomato ( or anything you fancy )

Toast the millet on a heated pot for a couple of minutes, swirling the pot to prevent the millet from burning.

Add water, chopped vegetables.

Bring pot to a boil. Reduce heat immediately to a gentle simmer. 

Cook covered for 20 minutes.

Fluff it with a fork.

Let the millet medley sit ,covered, for another 10 minutes.

Assembly:

Transfer 2 - 3 scopes of the millet to each pan of cooked fish. 

Squeeze the rest of the lime over the fish and millet.

Serve immediately




No comments:

Post a Comment