Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2016

Daiso beef noodles





Except for the fresh ingredients, the rest of this meal is sourced from Daiso. My mum will react with horror to know I get my food supplies from a household store but seriously, I thought I was quite clever.

It doesn’t take much effort to do. A word of caution: do not to boil the soya milk else it forms curds .

For 1.

Ingredients :

A:
Bonito broth made from 15g bonito steeped in 1 cup of hot water
1 tsp of Miso
1 tsp of peanut butter
1 cup of unsweetened soya milk

B:
60g of udon
3 sprigs of bokchoi
1 cup of beef slivers marinated in soba dip for 5 mins

Method :
Bring the drained bonito broth to a boil.
Stir in miso and peanut butter.
Turn off the heat.
Add soya milk.
Set aside.

In another pot, cook the udon according to instructions.
30 seconds before turning off the stove, scald the vegetable until it turns jade green.
Add beef slivers. Beef is ready when it turns to a light pink.
Drain immediately.
Transfer udon and its contents to a serving bowl.
Add broth.
Serve immediately.




1 comment:

  1. I've seen foodstuff at Daiso but I was not sure if they are OK, if you know what I mean hah..hah... Obviously they are fine judging by what you have cooked. Your Daiso Beef Noodles look seriously delicious!

    ReplyDelete